Tips for choosing a qualified private duty home care agency in West Palm Beach
As more people age, they are confronted with the need to seek help with in-home care of sick parents, the elderly or an extended family. Because we don’t like to think about family members or parents needing medical help or becoming ill, people avoid advance planning for those possibilities. There is a valid cause for concern due to the potential of unknowingly retaining unqualified or illegal workers and the rise in the reports of elder abuse. Moreover, there are important inquiries that should be made when choosing a qualified Private Duty Home Care company.
For each prospective service be sure to ask the same questions. Then, compare the responses which will help a lot in making the best choice. The below questions address some of the most important areas of consideration when choosing a Private Duty Home Care Nurse in West Palm Beach.
- The experience of the principals – Ask who owns the Home Health Care Agency and what background does the owner/owners have in the medical staffing or healthcare field.
- How long they have been in business – Get to know when the Private Duty Home Care Company was established and how long they have been providing services and in what capacity.
- Licensing and professional organizations – Is the home care company affiliated with any recognized healthcare, Home Care or Private Duty organizations and licensed in your state.
- The screening of employees – Are the nurses and home care aides of a Private Duty Home Care agency in West Palm Beach screened for required certifications and medical skills, and what type of background checks are conducted?
- Tenure of employees – How long has the staffing service employed the private duty workers? And how long have they been working for the company?
- Testimonials of private duty clients – Can the Private Duty Home Care Agency provide references or testimonials showing the level and quality of service they have provided to their clients for the years they have been in business?
- Client intake process – What type of Home Health Care plan is prepared and to make sure there is good communication with family and patients during the term of care?
Caregivers are the best allies in ensuring the well being and safety of our loved ones. Private Duty Home Care companies make sure that all our loved ones’ needs are taken care of during those times when we can’t attend to them ourselves. Home Care Services are very important in our lives not because they take away the responsibility of nursing our sick children or our elderly parents in Palm Beach County, but because they allow us to take a breath and breaks sometimes.